Aug 3 2009
For a very long time there was one book waiting for me reading it. And one day it has started making me interested in it, indeed. I was feeling that it is calling me to read it. It was really waiting very long, so I decided it’s the time to have a look.
And I did. When I started I couldn’t stop until it was done.
The title is: EARTH ANGELS. A pocket guide for incarnated Angels, Elementals, Starpeople, Walk – In and Wizards.
Author: DOREEN VIRTUE.
My favorite author, Doreen Virtue has written next wonderful book about us – The Different, and it’s absolutely more than just a pocket guide, indeed.
This book is for all who’s feeling different, feeling that someone dropped them off on the Earth and wonder when he or she could come back home. For all of us who feels like don’t fit in, like social outcast, like to be told many times, “You’re different, you are weird”. This book is bringing you understanding and peace, “That’s what I AM and I love myself the way I AM”.
This is a book for and about you!
My prayer is that it will help you heal wounds you may have suffered as a result of being different, highly sensitive, extremely creative, or fitting outside the parameters of norms, expectations, and organizations.
I. ARE YOU AN EARTH ANGEL?
Do you feel different from others people, as if you were dropped off on this planet and wonder when someone’s coming to take you home?
II. CHARACTERISTICS OF EARTH ANGELS.
There are characteristics that apply to all of the Earth Angels, and also those that are unique to each of the five realms.
1. Feeling different, separate, or alienated from others:
For all of the realms but the Wise Ones, this characteristic continues into adulthood. Many Earth Angels have been teased or verbally abused because of their different appearance, interests and behavior.
2. Intense sensitivity to other people, chemicals, or violence in any form.
Earth Angels have difficulty being in crowds, feeling bombarded by the overwhelming emotions and physical sensations emanating from other people. Violence in any form repels Earth Angels, including arguments, negative media reports, and violent movies. People often tease them for this trait, saying: “You’re just too sensitive!”.
Yet, this sensitivity is a sacral gift that Earth Angels bring to this planet […]. They couldn’t turn off their sensitivity if they tried!
3. A strong sense of purpose.
Even if the Earth Angel doesn’t specifically know what his or her purpose is, there’s a sense that the mission involves teaching and healing others.
4. A history of frustrating relationship patterns.
Earth Angels are often raised by emotionally unavailable or abusive parents. As adults, they may attract abusive friends and lovers. Some Earth Angels are “sent” to dysfunctional families as children to act as healing catalysts. These young Earth Angels feel like adoptees, since they don’t relate to their parents or siblings at all. Other Earth Angels sing up for challenging family situations so that they can progress extra fast during one lifetime.
5. Strangers telling them their problems, as well as really personal information.
Earth Angels have lifelong histories of being approached by total strangers who ask for help or divulge intimate details of their lives. People often tell Earth Angels: “There’s just something about you that I can trust”.
6. Looking younger than their chronological years
7. Possibly having a history of personal and familiar addicions.
Whether it’s food, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, relationships, or all of the above, some Earth Angels turn to outside substances or influences to numb the pain of feeling different and being intimidated by their life’s mission.
8. A ringing sound in one ear.
Most Earth Angels (though not all) notice a high – pitched ringing sound in one ear.
III. WHAT TYPE OF EARTH ANGEL ARE YOU?
Please write True or False (T or F) next to each statement below. Go with the first answer that comes to your mind or heart:
1. I tend to easily put on extra weight, or I’m currently overweight.
2. My past or current love partners are addicts or alcoholics.
3. I rarely break a rule.
4. I have a hard time saying no.
5. I highlight color or bleach my hair.
6. I would prefer to help someone one-on-one, rather them in a group setting.
7. Truth be told, I like animals or plants much better than I like people.
8. I have Celtic origins, or I look Celtic (that is, I have a reddish tint in my hair, freckles, or a ruddy complexion).
9. I constantly play practical jokes.
10. I’m quite the mischief maker, and seem to have a persistent twinkle in my eyes.
11. I’m fiercely independent and don’t like following rules or authority.
12. My finances seem to be either feast or famine.
13. I don’t like being the center of attention, and I’m usually a wallflower at social functions.
14. I’ve always believed in, or been interested in, ETs or UFOs.
15. I’m compulsively thoughtful forward people, whether they express appreciation or not.
16. I conduct Reiki or other forms of energy or hands – on healing.
17. My life’s mission is more important than getting married and having children.
18. I really would like to go home now, because I know that Earth isn’t my home.
19. I had a life – changing experience, such as a serious accident or near – death experience.
20. In the past, I was so miserable that I wanted to die and seriously considered (or attempted) suicide.
21. I have changed my first name, or I am strongly considering doing so.
22. My friends and family remark, “You’re different now. There’s something about you that’s not the same”.
23. I have made, or am making, drastic changes to many areas of my life simultaneously (such as moving, changing jobs, and divorcing) all at once.
24. I have deep spiritual knowledge that didn’t come from any books or teachers.
25. Even though I know I’m different from other people, I still enjoy the company of others and get along pretty well with most people.
26. I know that I have magical abilities, which are untapped right now.
27. I have strong part – life memories or interests concerning Arthurian or Atlantean times.
28. I believe that I was burned at the stake, or killed in some other way, during the witch hunts or Inquisition.
29. I have studied Tarot cards or astrology.
30. I’m very drawn towards Earth – based spirituality, such as shamanism or full – moon ceremonies.
The number of true answers that you noted may reveal which realm you’re from. Count the number of true answers for each successive grouping of sic questions, beginning with the first six.
• For example, if you answered four or more true’s to questions 1 through 6, then you’re probably an Incarnated Angel. (That is, the more questions you answered true to, the more likely you are to fit into this category.)
• If you answered four or more true’s to questions 7 through 12, then you’re probably an Incarnated Elemental.
• If you answered four or more true’s to questions 13 through 18, then you’re probably an Incarnated Starperson.
• If you answered four or more true’s to questions 19 through 24, then you’re probably a Walk – In.
• If you answered four or more true’s to questions 25 through 30, then you’re most likely a Wise One.